This is my entry for SpeccyJam (2), that is a game jam to build a “ZX Spectrum looking” game in a week following the speccy graphical restrictions.
This is also September’s game of my [one game a month challenge](/jjm/one- game-a-month/).
The game was developed from scratch using C++ and SFML.
YouTube review: Indie Attack 098: Accolade.
- 2015-01-03: released a new version of the game including some minor bug fixes.
- 2014-09-08: Ubuntu packages for version 0.9 added to the page.
- 2014-09-07: version 0.9 released and submitted to SpeccyJam 2.
The game requires OpenGL.
In the menus use the arrows to move, Z (or Enter) to select.
Playing the game:
- use the arrows to move and attack enemies.
- use Z (or Enter) to drink a potion from your inventory.
- use the ESC key to quit the game.
Joysticks/Gamepads are supported!
Uncompress the ZIP file and run “accolade.exe”.
Install the package and its dependencies and The Accolade icon will be added to your games section.